View of Sikkim’s Beauty…….
Sikkim is a former Kingdom that is situated in the Eastern Himalyas spreading below the Mount Kanchenjunga, the Third largest mountain in the world. Sikkim state in India is also bordering to China, Nepal and Bhutan, blessed by natural beauty. Sikkim, the word comes from the words, ‘Su’, ‘him’ which means beautiful home.
Sikkim is a beautiful land having snow covered mountains, lush green valleys, gardens, sacred temples, monastery and beautiful lakes. The state is full of tourist attractions that are visited by number of tourists every year. The beauty of the state not only invigorates one’s soul but leaves the spectators bewildered by the extravaganza of its natural beauty. Sikkim is conveniently divided into four parts as East, West, North and South in which the East part is most populated including the capital Gangtok. Sikkim is a beautiful city with the guardian deity Kanchenjunga, protects the inhabitants of Sikkim.
Tourists Attractions in Sikkim
- Rumtek Monastery – This monastery is located in Gangtok, the fairy capital of Sikkim, built by one of the rulers of Sikkim. This monastery is best in traditional Tibet monastic architecture. This place is visited by number of tourists every year.
- Do-Drul Chorten– This is one of the important stupa in Sikkim located in the capital of the state which was built by Trulsi Rimpoche . This place is one of the most important religious tourist’s destinations.
- Khecheopalri Lake – This Lake is most popular in the state and a sacred lake which remains hidden in the dark forest and it is said that birds never permit a single leaf to float on this lake.
- Yumthang – Yumthang is situated in North Sikkim at an altitude of 12000 ft. This is a paradise for nature lovers which have a fascinating blend of nature’s breathtaking scenic view with hot springs and alpine environment.
There are many more places that are tourist’s favorite locations and many people regularly visit this city to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Transportation to Sikkim is very easy now as every transportation facility is available here and well connected by road, rail and by air medium also. The accommodation in Sikkim is also well provided having number of hotels and resorts that provide excellent service and facilities to their customers. But most of the tourists prefer to book hotels in advance and there is number of online travel agents available that provides Sikkim Tour Packages. Visit Sikkim the best tourist’s destination in north India.
Sikkim is a state in East India which is also known as the landlocked Indian state located in the Himalayan Mountains. This is the least populous and second smallest state in India and a popular tourist’s destination, owing to its culture, scenery and biodiversity. The snow covered mountains and lush green valleys not only invigorates one’s soul but it also leaves the spectators bewildered by extravaganza of its natural beauty.
Sikkim state is completely flourished by the attractive and natural blessed places. The extended greenery on the entire landscape makes fashionable. This complete hill station attracts many travelers around the world. This state is extremely well-liked due to its biodiversity, people, culture, tradition and cuisine.
Tourists Attractions in Sikkim
- Rumtek Monastery – This monastery is situated 24 km from the capital of Sikkim that is Gangtok which is the well-frequented tourist’s destinations. The monastery is the main seat of the Karma Kagyu School of Tibetan Buddhism in Sikkim.
- Tsongmo Lake – This lake is situated 40 km from Gangtok in East Sikkim on Nathula Road. This lake is the largest lake in East Sikkim. The lake remains hidden in rich forest cover and it is believed that birds do not permit to float a single leaf on the surface of the lake.
- Baba Mandir – This temple is known as Baba Harbhajan mandir located eight km from Nathu la Pass. This is a muast visit place who wants to explore the new places. This temple is visited by many devotees every day and it is believed temple in Sikkim.
- Dzongri Trek – This trek is located in the west part of the Sikkim which is suitable for those trekkers who wish to go for a short and easy trek. The trek provides beautiful view of unique landscape that permanently gets printed in trekkers mind.
- Kabi Lunstok – This is a historic place located on the North Sikkim Highway that is situated 17 km from the capital Gangtok. This was the place where the historic treaty Lepcha chief Te-Kung-Tek and Bhutia Chief signed ritually.
There are many places to explore in this state and this beautiful land is visited by many tourists every year and especially in winter.
Two main National Highways links this state with the rest parts of the country. Sikkim National Transport runs buses and truck services in the state for transportation within the city. Private buses and jeeps and taxis are also available for travelling within the city and within the state. Thisstate lacks significant railway structure but the nearest railway stations are Siliguri and New Jalpaiguri in the neighboring West Bengal. Pakyog Airport is the state’s first airport that connects this state with the rest parts of the country.
As many tourists visit this state therefore, there are number of hotels and lodges are available that provides excellent facility to their customers. Sikkim is a state that contains many hotels and lodges in every part of the city because of which the city is very comfortable and convenient to stay. It is advisable to book hotels in advance because the city is visited by many tourists and therefore hotels are very much in demand. Sikkim holiday packages are very essential for tourists provided by travel agents as many people don’t know about this state and therefore many tourists prefer to book hotels online.
Sikkim, the land of mountains and breath taking valleys is very beautiful and a must visit place in India. This part of the North India is a place one could not miss and one should visit this state once in lifetime.